Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Caveat Emptor

As I've said before, it takes a lot to get me rattled. Just to push that point, I don't get road rage, I don't fight, I've never been arrested; I occasionally shout at the television but only when England are playing rugby [Aside: For those of your reading this in the comfort of your homes in cold Blighty, the line that "we are still the World Champs", no longer works and invokes pity and usually a couple of jokes about Johnny Wilkinson taking it up the Gary].

Now, enough about what I don't get mad about and lets get to the stuff that does make me spew. Unfairness or injustice. Pretty simple huh? Now, don't get me wrong as injustice is not common despite what you might think. People do get arrested for crime - granted, they might not serve a long sentence and even get home detention, but the system works pretty well, most of the time......

What I'm talking about is the blatant disregard by certain individuals of not just the law but for their fellow human beings. They consider themselves above the law and hold it in contempt. They are the dangerous ones. They are the people that are not caught as they prey on the system and are like shadows. My story involves one such character, a real estate company and a well known New Zealand Finance Company with questionable business ethics. Over the next few months, or however long it takes me to get to the point, I will not just tell you about these people, I will publish some of the correspondence that I got from these cowboys.......

And so to the story. It all began in March of 2002 when I saw this little patch of earth that I thought could be mine..........

No comments:

Post a Comment