Sunday, January 15, 2006
The important news is I've popped my TradeMe cherry and have a massive 4 stars now. We have bought and sold and, by eck, it is bloody addictive. Mrs R and I have been sitting counting down the end of auctions, pressing refresh and high fiving wins and cursing the losses.
Other news is we are more hooked on Season 2 of Lost than we were on Season 1. I downloaded Episode 1 a few weeks ago and we watched it at 11:30pm one night once we had sat down after a particularly long day. The conversation went something like this:
"Shall we watch 5 minutes of Lost and then head off to bed?"
"Yup."....45 minutes later.
"Shall I download Episode 2?"....
At the time we were on Telecoms "wanker" plan with only 1Gb of up/downloads. This was used up by 3rd January as sadly when using Bit Torrent, you upload, it seems, about half of what you download. We are now on the 10Gb plan but only for two weeks until we flip Telecom the middle digit and jump over to iHug and a whole 20Gb with no upload counter. Nice. We have just watched Episode 5 and number 6 is torrenting as I type...77.6% complete, yippee, but mighty close to the 10Gb limit.
Other news: It is my birthday in 10 days time and Mrs R and the girls have bought me a rather sexy Dell Axim X51v. It is in a box by the bed and whilst I have held it in my sticky little mits, I haven't plugged it in. Mrs R tells me that as the children have to wait for their presents, so do I. In a moment of weakness she did say that as I wasn't a child any more, I could open it if I wanted but deep down I know that I am a child, so I will wait. It'll be fun watching Lost on it in beautiful 640x480 via an Intel 2700G multimedia accelerator chip - it is nearly as good as the amazing PSP in picture quality. It has a bluetooth (for the cool folding keyboard which is a work of art) and built in wireless for browsing (using Cafe Net) whilst I wait for a coffee at the excellent Espresso Republic.
My plans for Nelson include fishing for Snapper, snorkeling and having breakfast at the bloody marvellous Lambretta Cafe. The kids will be entertained by my lovely in-laws who are bolting down everything as we speak.....down time time with Mrs R will be great. We can snuggle up under the duvet and watch Lost together...I heard that Episode 8 is the best one yet.....
Friday, January 06, 2006
But sometimes you drink more than you should so a list of things that are very difficult to say when drunk:
- British Constitution
- Passive-aggressive disorder
And then there are the times when you are simply shitfaced, so a list of things that are downright impossible to say when drunk:
- Thanks, but I don't want to sleep with you.
- Nope, no more booze for me.
- Sorry, but you're not really my type.
- No kebab for me, thank you.
- Good evening officer, isn't it lovely out tonight?
- I'm not interested in fighting you.
- Oh, I just couldn't - no one wants to hear me sing.
- Thank you, but I won't make any attempt to dance, I have zero co-ordination.
- Where is the nearest toilet? I refuse to vomit in the street.
- I must be going home now as I have work in the morning.
- Look, it would be great to have a shag but I hardly know you and we will only feel really embarrassed and awkward in the morning.
- That guy is looking at my girlfriend but I am sure its just because he knows her or something.
- That chair looks wobbly and dangerous and I certainly wouldn't try balancing on it with this short skirt on in case I fell off.
- I must get to my bed as I could never have a really good sleep in that hedge.
- I honestly don't think the rest of the city center wants to see my bare arse.
- No..you are not my bestest mate in the whole world. I've only known you for a few hours.
- I'm sure those young women are extremely intelligent and have wonderful personalities.
- Im sure my feet would be damaged for life if I take my shoes off and walk all the way home.
- A creamy cocktail followed by 4 shots of tequila....surely that would be no good for my insides.
- Me? go for a pee in the mens room because the ladies queue is too long? I don't think so.
- I'll just have a big glass of water before I go to bed so I don't have a hangover in the morning.
Thanks you my pals, fang and eezie.