Sunday, December 02, 2007

You really can't beat Wellington on a good day

Met up with an old friend, Pippa, today when we all turned up at Houghton Bay Park for a picnic. A spectacular location surrounded by natives and with a long grass meadow looking down to the bay. Some sandwiches, football, kite flying and lots of sun (and sunscreen). It really is true; you can't beat Wellington on a good day.

Houghton Bay Park

Houghton Bay Park

Houghton Bay Park

This is the reason I moved here. Forget the fact that I can't always buy what I want straight away and that wages are stupidly low, my kids are having a great childhood and they don't even know it. I hope one day they'll look back and talk about the things we did as a family and recognise what a special place New Zealand is and what a terrific city Wellington is. Sadly, I'm sure they'll have to go overseas first to realise this fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment