Sunday, September 04, 2005

Good genes....

A few months ago, sometime in late June I think, I was at Tumble Tots with Ms R when she pocked her finger into the hole on the left knee of my jeans. She made some comment about it at the time and I said something along the lines of I must get a new pair soon.

Mrs R asked me last week if I had suggested a Fathers Day present to Ms R as she was very insistent about what I wanted. I vaguely remembered talking about slippers a few weeks prior but other than that nothing. Mrs R went away looking confused.

So all became clear this morning when I unwrapped a new pair of Levi 607s to replace my old pair with the hole in the knee. Ms Rs ability to recall such conversations and her determination to surprise me put a lump in my throat. I expect this pair will have a hole within weeks as it is the scrabbling around on the floor with puzzles, playing horses or having to sit on the floor ('cause someone is laying across the couch) that is the root cause. Still, worth it for moments such as these.

1 comment:

  1. Tar.
    The transformation between horror child and angel never ceases to amaze me. One minute she is all giggles and hugs, then next she is screaming at her sister....

    ReplyDelete